Τετάρτη 19 Ιανουαρίου 2011

Something or nothing.

I ask you
Who am I?
Am I something or am I nothing
You answer
You are nothing but so much more
You are belittled but are great
You seem weak yet you are so strong
People judge you but they know nothing
They know you yet you are a mystery to so many
Your mystery is an amusement, secret,
hope, survival, truth, knowledge,
brave, and honest.
Your heart is like a baby
New and always learning
Sometimes pain, sometimes sorrow, always love
So much love, passion, and emotion
You feel so much yet there is nothing
You are great but what for
Your greatness has no meaning
You thrive for passion, touch and love
But are too afraid to feel nothing
So afraid to lose everything
I ask you am I something or am I nothing
I can eat with the best, dress and talk like the rest
Yet I stand alone and eat in the nest
The nest of protection in my soul
I do as I choose and think as I please
I am, I am not
When I look in the mirror I don't know what I see
A hero, a loner, heart breaker, or a dreamer
A shadow, a light, or a hope shedding light
A secret to be kept
A song to be sung
A loner not known
A lover unshown
A mountain to steep and jagged
A moon eclipsed
I would give you all that I have
If you would answer me
Am I something or nothing
Please answer me with truth
So I may go on
And be as I be

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου